Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Art gone crazy


We did a couple art projects this morning. The first thing the boys did was make ladybugs out of egg carton section. I got this idea online. They pained the carton red and I punched holes in it where they ran pipe cleaners through.

I also tried a project from this dough book I got from the library. This involved three roles of toilet paper, enough warm water to soak toilet paper, one bar ivory soap and 1/3 cup borax. After the boys mixed it up, they had to be boys about it and started throwing wads of it at each other and around the patio.

The ladybug needed black dots and I decided to let the boys use sharpies for the first time to put them on. I turned around to watch Christian for a few seconds and when I turned back around, Liam was drawing on the house. I don't know why I took a photo since it will be there until we have the time and money to paint the house.
I asked David if cavemen ever got ticked off at their kids for drawing in the caves.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Sharpies - wonderful until they fall into the wrong little hands!

Catherine Dewbre said...

ROFL! My then 2 year old daughter discovered permanent black sharpies the day before a family wedding...she gave herself a mustache as well as drawing all over the carpet and one side of a couch cushion (LUCKILY the cushion can be placed on the couch either way!!)

CznyDesigns said...

I asked David if cavemen ever got ticked off at their kids for drawing in the caves.

ROFL!!!

Any ink, crayon or lead is banned from my house! I have a whole wall forcefully dedicated to my son's artwork, crayon and permanent marker is very hard to take off!

bentonflocke said...

funny pictures!

Erika said...

Your projects with the boys always seems so much fun! I guess they have a great time, learning so much. As for example not to draw on the house. =)

Dana said...

one of your boys is bound to be an artist with how great you are at helping them express their creativity (even if it happens on the side of the house =). very very funny about cavemen. hilarious!