Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day and First day of summer


I am making pesto pasta today for our Father's Day dinner. I made the pasta in a pestal and mortar and will roll out homemade egg pasta (with eggs from our chickens) in a few minutes. I will also pick lettuce from the garden to make a salad.

Rasberry season is here! I have all the supplies on hand to make freezer jam. We will also be enjoying them fresh off the vine.

Lightning Bolt is quite the flyer. I was getting ready to dump the kitchen scraps in the hen house and she flew onto my arm and used it as a perch. She and Boofy are also quite friendly. We did a good job on domesticating them.

2 comments:

listgirl said...

Fresh pesto and pasta sounds so good! Looks like you are reaping good fresh stuff from your garden. the chickens look like they're doing well too.

Erika said...

Wow, home made pasta! I'd love to try that. Sounds like a delicious dinner!