Monday, January 4, 2010

I love coupons

I have been following the blog Frugal Living NW since last spring. The blog posts promotions, sales, free events and shows how you can use store sales and coupons to get great deals. My friend Cheri is also a skilled coupon user and has shared some of the deals she gets.
I decided to give coupon clipping a shot. I have been following the store adds, cutting coupons and going shopping for a few weeks. I have been getting good deals, but nothing huge.
Today, I finally broke through the glass ceiling of coupon cutting. I found some double coupons for Albertsons that double for up to a dollar. I combined these with coupons and bought...
3 dannon yogurt = total .40 cents
3 for a dollar + a .60 3 coupon
3 Luna Bars = total 2.00 (the most expensive thing)
10 for 10 dollars and I had a buy two get one free coupon
Act Cavity Rinse 2.24
$1.00 coupon = $1.00 double coupon = .24 cents
2 Aquafresh Coupons on clearance for $1.59
$1.00 coupon =.59 cents
Crest Toothpaste on sale for $1.89
$1.00 coupon + $1.00 double coupon = free
Total money saved coupons + sales $13.97

No comments: