Monday, October 27, 2008

Pain re-visited

I missed a ballet class a couple of weeks ago when Liam was sick and I had him in bed with me all night. The term ends this Saturday, so I had to make the class up before that. I did my class on Saturday. I had a new teacher for the first time. She is a big fan of repitition and jumping. My legs hurt so much. I was in so much pain all day yesturday. I had my regular class this morning and I thought about rubbing some Ben Gay on before class since I was still so sore. We told our teacher about the things the other teacher has us do and I think she did not want to be seen as a slacker. She had a do a lot of repitition as well. I don't expect to be able to walk tommorow. I have an eyebrow waxing appointment in the early afternoon and I am riding my bike down. I hope that helps put my muscles where they belong. The ride home is nasty, it has a long hill.
For people living outside Portland - We have enjoyed a dry, warm fall this year. The leaves so vibrant and beautiful. Running, biking and going on outings with the boys is so fun with all the wonderful colors. I have missed out on so much by not running and biking in years past. I am getting to know new parts of my neighborhood and seeing great gardens. It is great.
Here is a layout I did with a photo of Christian from the pumpkin patch. I love all the Cosmos in the background. The cosmos remind me of autumn in Japan. They like to plant them everywhere and it adds that last splash of color before we head to winter.

Credits: Golden Falls by Lindsay Jane Designs

5 comments:

SarahB said...

That is a great photo and your paper choice really accents the pumpkin!

Lynn Grieveson said...

Lovely fall page!

Nani said...

I love the colors at this time of year too! We enjoyed a trip to the Motherland (Michigan) on Saturday where the maples are just gorgeous!

I know what you mean about getting out to walk or bike and take it all in!

Anonymous said...

What an adorable layout. I am sorry to hear about the pain from Ballette!

Donna B. Miller said...

I took my first ballet class when I was in my thirties, so I can certainly sympathize. My knees won't take it anymore. Great layout.