Monday, December 17, 2007

Birthday Re-cap

Christian had a fun birthday party. We had a big turn-out, only one person who was invited was unable to attend. When I sent out the invitations, I figured we would not have a large turn out since it is so close to Christmas, but I was wrong.
We had the party at Round Table Pizza. I went down a few minutes early and saw they had a TV and a DVD player in the room so I asked if we could play our own DVDs and they said sure. I called David and asked him to snag the Superfriends DVD we have from Blockbuster and we put it in while the kids ate pizza. It was a big hit. I think the parents liked it because the kids sat quietly ate and watched the DVD for a few minutes. I gave everyone a couple of quarters to play video games with and them kept them busy for a while then we did cake and then the present opening. At this age the present opening is like a pack of lions decending on their kill. I was able to do a pretty good job remembering who gave what. Christian expanded his Hot Wheels Collection quite a bit on Saturday.
After he party we went to Zoo Lights. There were a couple of melt-downs from each child, but they got inot it and had fun by the time it was dark out.
Here is the Thank You card I made. I used Rev it Up by Sherri Tierney

I used 'Tis the Season by Jeannie Papai, Merry Brights by Jannylyn & Silver Bells the Elemental Scraps Collab kit for this.

3 comments:

Steph.Gibson said...

Great job with the template. Going to try my hand at that one too. Sounds like you had fun despite the kid drama.

Gina.Maria said...

Love the imagery of the lions descending on a kill! ;)

Lynn Grieveson said...

Glad it went well :-)