Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Layout and guide to freebies

I did this layout today using How Grunge Who Stole Christmas by Sharia Braxton, Tinsel Alpha, Glitter Frame Duo & Christmas Balls by Lindsey Jane.
This layout is not my usual style. I am not a big person for using a lot of patterned paper for one thing, but as I worked on it, I liked it and I could not figure who I was drawn to something that was not my style. After a while, I realized that the kit, the frame and the tinsel alpha reminds me of a 1970's Christmas. They remind me of my childhood Christmas decorations.


My friend Calyn asked me to post some of my favorite sites for freebies for people getting started in digital scrapbooking

The best site to start at is Shabby Princess
Oscraps and designer digitals are good places to start.
Ikea Goddess' blog gives a run down of freebies on a daily basis, and Lindsey Jane's blog has wonderful freebies often. You can find the links to these on my side bar.

3 comments:

gabs-art said...

really great layout

Unknown said...

Great 70's LO. And great beginners links too.

Helena said...

That is a neat layout! I like the pictures with the lights.

ndisb.com also has lots of free samplers.