Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Blanket update and biscotti

Liam and I went to the yarn store by our church tonight while Christian was at Awana and picked out yard for his new blanket. I also found someone who will knit the blanket for us. I bought the yarn and gave it to her, so we should have a new blanket by next week. I will try to get some pictures of the old and new blankets. Now we just have to hope that Liam can transfer his love from his old blanket to the new one. I have been advised to let him have both for while, that way he can get his smell on the new one. I bought his blanket at a garage sale for 10 cents, if I remember correctly. The yarn cost a lot more then that. I sure hope he loves it. At least I can feel safe that it will not get recalled, since I bought good yarn and I know the knitter.
Yesturday I took the boys to Starbucks with me so I could pick up my tips. Liam loves biscotti and always wants some when we go there. We have a large stash at home right now, so I am not buying it. He walked up to the counter and starting saying something to my co-worker Tess. She could not understand him, but Christian peaked his head around the corner and translated that Liam wants some biscotti. Liam starting saying something else that Tess could not understand and Christian translated that Liam was saying "I don't have any money". Tess told Liam that he needed to talk to me and he got more upset, because he knew what my answer would be.
I don't know where he got the phrase about not having money. It is comforting that my three year old is already begging for food.
On the cat front, the PGE (our electric company) meter reader came by yesturday and I walked out to the living room to find our cat Luna in the window growling at him. I know that I often feel that way about the meter reader this time of year. She gets very upset if other cats come into our yard, but this is the first time I have seen her growl at a human. I think she is very protective of the boys. She always wants to stay close to them and if they are crying she comes quickly to see what is wrong. She is a big girl with a temper. In the words of Mr. T. "I pitty the fool who messes with her".

No comments: