Friday, January 11, 2008

Swimming Rocks

I decided to make sure to boys get out of the house for hearty excersise. This is hard during January in a la Nina year in Western Oregon. We have a great swimming pool about 20 blocks from here. I have them on the waiting list to do swimming lessons in February, but until then, we decided to take them to open swim. We went yesturday afternoon. The session is great, it is not very crowded since schools are still in session during them time. Liam had a melt down and kept saying he wanted to get out, but I just kept him on my lap crying for a while. I got out to go to the bathroom and when we went back into the pool, he found his second wind and played hard.
When we got home, they ate lunch and then we were resting on the couch watching the Flintstones. Liam started falling asleep. (it was 3:45) at first I tried to wake him up, but then I realized that I was also very tired, so I took him to our room and layed down with him. Christian was happy watching the Flintstones. Liam fell asleep and I was able to rest for a while. I got up at about 4:45 to make dinner and Liam was still asleep. After dinner, I moved him to his room, he woke up a little and I layed down with him for a few minutes there.
He did not wake up until 7:00 am today! He is still a little moody this morning and did not want to get dressed, but it was nice to have the break yesturday.
We have a birthday party at a Burger King with a huge play area tonight. I expect another great sleep after that.
Here are a couple of layouts I did. I used One Bright Day by Cori Gammon for this layout

I used A Time to Dance by Sherri Tierney & One Fine Day for this as well as some pieces of My Shabby Valentines, which is Elememental Scraps Febrary Team Kit

5 comments:

Neverland Scraps said...

so glad he found his second wind!!
Beautiful layouts!

SarahG said...

Sounds Like you guys had alot if fun! Love your LO's!
Have a Wonderful Weekend!

Monique said...

Beautiful layouts! Glad your son warmed up to the water, I need to find something for my DD and I to do to get us moving. It's so hard in winter! It's been so cold out that we haven't been able to go outside in 3 days! But it's a bit warmer today so we'll go out for a bit today. Have a great day, and have fun at the party! :-)

Unknown said...

Wow, that's a lot of sleeping! He really must have tuckered himself out!
Western Oregon. Sigh. Someday I'll retire to Cannon Beach. I've probably said that to you already, but I read "Western Oregon" and then my heart sails away!

Carolyn Albro said...

Great LO's. I know what you mean about the weather. I live in western WA (but don't have any kids to wear out LOL)