Thursday, July 3, 2008

How to make easy jam

I had some comments how people had never made jam and would like to try. I have two words for you Sure Jell! This is so easy to use, my kids could make the jam.
You need
two cups fruit
1 cup sugar
1 package Sure Jell
1/2 cup hot water

Mix the sugar and the furit in a bowl well, leave to sit for 15 minutes. After the fruit has sat combine 1/2 cup hot water and the Sure Jell. Add this mix to the friut and sugar and stir for three minutes.
I use plastic freezer containers one batch is one container. Let it sit in the refridgerator for 24 hours, either use it or freeze.
I love this, no boiling water or fruit, I don't have to stand in the kitchen for hours and it is so easy. It works great since I have rasberry bushes and I don't get huge yeilds daily. I can make individual batches daily.
On a different note, we had a large thunderstorm early this morning. If I didn't know better, I would have thought I was in the Mid-West. We have had more thunderstorms than usual this year. I wonder if this is a part of Global Warming. It has been a bit more humid too. Not Japan humid, but more then we are used to in Western Oregon.

2 comments:

Juliana said...

I want to try that! I think I will when we return from vacation. The girls will love that, especially when I let them choose the fruit to make it with.

Thanks for your comment on my blog today. I was drawn to the food at the fair only because it was "fair food" - the only acceptable setting to eat these type of foods!

Amanda said...

Jam is pretty easy if you use the Sure Jell. That's what I use.