Saturday, March 21, 2009

Busy Saturday


We have had a couple busy days. Christian took his test in Tae Kwon Do this morning and earned his orange belt. He is very excited. I had him do some of his test moves in our front yard so I could get pictures in good light.
While we were at Tae Kwon Do, David dug out some Ikea shelves we had bought two years ago to use for garage storage and put them togehter. When I got home, we worked on cleaning out the garage to make room for them. We cleaned out about half the garage, and we will try to get to the other half next week.

I am trying to teach myself to knit. It is going slowly. I have been thinking about it for a while, then I found a pair of knitting needles in David's Grandmother's sewing box that his mother gave me. I have some rolls of yarn that I bought at Goodwill that I bought for the boys to do art projects. The mauve is not my favorite color, but it is a good practice yarn. If I make a scarf with it, it might be the next hot color. I usually loose scarves, so it really doesn't matter what color it is.

I took this picture of Christian when we were playing at the park before his class on Thursday.
Here are two layouts...

Template: Two of a Kind Template Set by Hillary Heidelberg, Photo Mask: Pretty Gritty Photo Overlays by Hillary Heidelberg, Doodle Border - Page Borders by Lindsay Jane designs, Kit Impressions of Heritage - Scrapbookgraphics Collab kit

Template: Flying Solo Template C by Hillary Heidelberg. Kit - For the Boys, Elemental Scraps Janunary Mega Kit

3 comments:

Erika said...

Congratulations to Christian! Great picture of his moves too, that will be something to remember.

bentonflocke said...

Congrats to the orange belt! Sure you are proud of him.

Great to learn knitting!

Sometimes I knitt socks! But I´m not so good in knitting

Dana said...

your pictures make me miss your city =). i love seeing all the things you do with your boys.