Sunday, March 15, 2009

Day 74 - 5K race and twister


I ran the 5k Shamrock Run in Downtown Portland this morning. I rode my bike down, which is 5 miles each way and it was raining AND windy. I rode through a mud puddle so my socks were wet before I even started running. I did not work up much of a sweat since I was soaked to the bone. There were 20,000 people participating in the race. I don't know if that is combined events or just the 5k. They said they had record turn out for the 5k even with the rain and high winds.
One of the perks of this race is the cup of beer and bowl of soup after the race. I tend to be a dark beer girl, but I grabbed light beer and started drinking when I saw the dark beer. I was tired and thirsty, so any beer was good.




I bought Twister at the neighborhood good will a couple weeks ago and the boys were enjoying for a bit as a nice rainy day activity. With two boys things did get out of control and David is putting it away.

Here is the carrot cake we baked last night. It has cream cheese frosting. My favorite. Christian likes the frosting so much he licked the frosting off the cake and left the cake. I have a bit a frosting left over so I think I will serve it on graham crackers as a treat this week.

9 comments:

Ellie said...

Well done you on participating in the run!! Especially in that weather!

Debb Cozzi said...

Good for you! It is hard enough to stay motivated when the weather is good but I think it takes and extra measure of discipline to stick with it in poor weather.

Unknown said...

Congrats!

Hard to beat Twister and carrot cake.

Dania said...

Good for you on the run! I'm in Salem and the weather is just nasty! Didn't even want to go outside.

listgirl said...

Congrats on running the 5K Michelle! Wow, 20,000 participants. I've never run a 5k that big before. And cream cheese frosted carrot cake is my favorite!

bentonflocke said...

Congrats on participating in the run!

Thanks for showing the yummy cake!

Two boys in the house.... I know...

Erika said...

Really well done to participate in the run despite the weather, and even to ride the bike there!

Anonymous said...

Lovely photos. great that you took part in the run.

gabs-art said...

my kids love playing twister! and well done on participating in the run!