Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Day 41 - painting, a laptop scare and a layout


A couple from our homegroup has bought a house that they are fixing up and want to rent out to a couple single mothers at an affordable cost. Today was painting day and I went over and helped for a couple of hours, painting the bathroom.
Last night, I was working on my laptop and went to plug in my Bamboo pen tablet when my laptop died. I stayed calm, found my copy of Photoshop and moved everthing to our new computer (I have most of my data on an external drive, so moving is actually carrying it to the kitchen from our bedroom) I stayed calm the whole time, have everything up on the desktop. I stopped by the computer repair store and explained what happened. He gave several possiblities, so were easy fixes and some would cost more than a new laptop. He told me to go home, plug in the computer and try turning it on again. I did and it started. He also cautioned to turn it off again and bring it in since the fan probably needs to be replaced. Tommorow is free diagnostics day. I am relieved that the laptop will live, but it is good for me to get to know Windows Vista. It is kind of like a diplomatic meeting of two countries who don't get along.
Here is my layout with the kit that reminded me of Narnia. It is actually called Forest Friends by Alana McCarthy at Scrapbookgraphics.

8 comments:

Little Dragon said...

ugh I hope your laptop recovers soon!

That is a wonderful layout... thanks for sharing it!

Anonymous said...

I hate when my laptop doesn't work ;) I hope that tomorrow will be fun ....

See you :)

Wendy aka BrokenJar Creations said...

Yikes......gotta hate those computer scares!!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful LO! Love it. Hope your laptop starts cooperating soon for you!

Shannon said...

It's always scary when our computers decide to give us trouble. It honestly gives me panic attacks. I hope all is fine and it was just a fluke. Good Luck!

SarahB said...

Hope your laptop is working perfectly soon!

Beautiful layout!

Sandra said...

I still havent had problems with my new laptop, knock on wood.. man, i hate computer trouble.. we are addicted arent we? :P
Lovely blogpost, what a wonderful thing to do for single mums! Honors to you!!
Hugs,
Sandra

Ellay said...

Oooh, hope the laptop is okay.

Great LO!!